Stanley L Wint, D.D.S.
"Growing up on a farm near the small southeast Kansas town of Independence instilled in me the values that have been guiding principals for my dental career. Hard work, compassion, ability to listen and passion for mentoring have defined my years as a periodontist."
Highlights of Dr. Wint's qualifications include the following:
- Practiced the specialty of Periodontics in Overland Park since 1982.
- Graduated with honors from the Honors Program at the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry.
- Completed a General Practice Residency with the Veteran's Administration.
- Completed the courses for Graduate Periodontics from UMKC.
- Completed requirements for licensure in conscious sedation anesthesia or a combination of inhalation-enteral conscious anesthesia.
- Served as the periodontal consultant and board examiner for the specialty of periodontics for the Kansas Dental Board from 1994 to present.
- Consulted to the U.S. Army and the Veteran's Administration.
- Spent six years as an associate professor in the graduate periodontal program at UMKC.
- Served as President of the Kansas Dental Association from 2002-2003.
- Honored in 1994 as the Fifth District Dental Society Man of the Year.
- Served as chairman of the Kansas Dental Charitable Foundation.
- Served as vice chairman of the Delta Dental Charitable Foundation.
- Co-founded the Kansas Mission of Mercy (KMOM) and has been a long time participant in Donated Dental Services for the underprivileged.
- Served as regional consultant for periodontics for Delta Dental of Kansas.
- Served as secretary, vice president and president of the Fifth District Dental Society of Kansas.
Dr. Wint is an active and prominent member of:
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry
- American College of Dentistry
- Pierre Fuachard Academy
Living just outside Gardner, Kansas with his wife, Julie, has allowed Dr. Wint to go back to his farm roots. He raises and trains pointer bird dogs for enjoyment and competitions and has over 300 amateur wins, 13 national championship wins, 12 National Dog of the Year awards, and was National Amateur Handler of the Year 8 times. He also has two dogs in the Bird Dog Hall of Fame and has judged numerous national events.
When he is not working with his dogs, you can probably find Dr. Wint preparing a gourmet meal for his family or cheering on his alma mater Kansas Jayhawks!